Munden's Bar
News: Like toys?  So do we!  Post your thoughts here!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. 07:12 AM | Sunday, December 21, 2014

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Third Annual 11 O'Clock Comics/Marvel Noise Gift Exchange!  (Read 22865 times)
Nojfotra (Jonathan D. Gordon)
New God

Nojotra@aol.com Nojfotra
« Reply #260 on: 11:12 PM | Friday, December 24, 2010 »

Huge Thanks to Nojfotra (Jonathan D. Gordon) for a fantastic box. After what is always the worst day at work all year, this brought  a smile to my face tonight

Abe Sapien V1
The Exterminators V 1-4
Iron Man Director of Shield
Annihilation Books 1 and 2
Saga of Bloody Benders
Batman No Mans Land V 1-2
The New York Four
Joker by Brian Azzarello
Happy your having the experience I had yesterday. Nothing brightens the day like a box of trades. Hope Thats mostly new to you.  The Joker Hardcover is nothing but amazing art and I always try to get people started on no man's land and Annihilation. Both take you down a rabbit hole of great comics.

JoeyN
New God

CaptDVDGuy
« Reply #261 on: 11:12 PM | Friday, December 24, 2010 »

"Hope Thats mostly new to you"

All new to me. It's all stuff I had on my eventual to read list  Thumbs Up

Nojfotra (Jonathan D. Gordon)
New God

Nojotra@aol.com Nojfotra
« Reply #262 on: 12:12 AM | Saturday, December 25, 2010 »

"Hope Thats mostly new to you"

All new to me. It's all stuff I had on my eventual to read list  Thumbs Up

Oh Wow , To get to read no mans land for the first time is going to be fun. It reminds me a lot of this last year of batman. They sort of flipped all of Gotham on their heads and explored how each character would react.  Some great artists worked on that too.

Neil C
Fear Agent

« Reply #263 on: 11:12 AM | Saturday, December 25, 2010 »

Wood totally hooked me up!

My wife asked if there was a wishlist involved as I've eyed up Afrodisiac and 3 Story before but never bought them. Good stuff, Wood!
Kenney
Eternal

Email
« Reply #264 on: 12:12 PM | Saturday, December 25, 2010 »

You should ignore your family today, and read 3 Story. It's that good.

Ok, maybe spend time with your family, but tomorrow! Read it tomorrow first thing!

I fought fear with the Hammer of Thor lent me/and tangled with the Angel of Death for four centuries/Put a nameplate on a asteroid belt/and I ran through the future with an android's help
ChrisCCL
Alien Legionnaire

Collected Comics Library

WWW Email
« Reply #265 on: 01:12 PM | Saturday, December 25, 2010 »

Holy Cow! What fantastic gift!
I want to thank Iz so much for the gifts! He went above and beyond what I expected.

1. Speed Racer complete manga set - I've never read the original and I can't wait to dive in!
2. The Great Comic Book Artists Volume 2 - As a history buff, I'm always looking to add to my already large biography collection. I must now hunt down Volume 1
3. X-Men Files - A great companion piece to my X-Men collection.
4. The Wizard King - I'm a big Wally Wood fan and I have never read this, but have always wanted too.
5. Looney Toon toys for the kids! Erin already wants Daffy, Patrick wants Taz and I love Bugs, so it all works out!
6. Batman sketch - the one gift in the box truly from the heart. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Cheers, Iz!

THE Trade Paperback Podcast
Thermite
« Reply #266 on: 10:12 PM | Saturday, December 25, 2010 »

Holy Cow! What fantastic gift!
I want to thank Iz so much for the gifts! He went above and beyond what I expected.

1. Speed Racer complete manga set - I've never read the original and I can't wait to dive in!
2. The Great Comic Book Artists Volume 2 - As a history buff, I'm always looking to add to my already large biography collection. I must now hunt down Volume 1
3. X-Men Files - A great companion piece to my X-Men collection.
4. The Wizard King - I'm a big Wally Wood fan and I have never read this, but have always wanted too.
5. Looney Toon toys for the kids! Erin already wants Daffy, Patrick wants Taz and I love Bugs, so it all works out!
6. Batman sketch - the one gift in the box truly from the heart. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!

Cheers, Iz!
So glad you like everything!
I gotta tell ya, I was nervous about getting Chris as his Secret Santa this year, given his comic pedigree. I'm glad I came up with some stuff he didn't have!
Wood
Administrator

Rock Hard, Bitches!

« Reply #267 on: 11:12 PM | Saturday, December 25, 2010 »

Wood totally hooked me up!

My wife asked if there was a wishlist involved as I've eyed up Afrodisiac and 3 Story before but never bought them. Good stuff, Wood!

Glad you enjoyed it my friend! 3 Story was my OGN of the year in 2009 as you know and Afrodisiac just MIGHT factor into my 2010 vote.  Whistle

So Good...You'll Shake Your Fist At Us!!!
Thermite
« Reply #268 on: 02:12 PM | Monday, December 27, 2010 »

I just wanted to throw out another BIG thank you to DoctorTeeth for organizing this gift exchange. You're the man Doc!  Not Worthy
TurningAsher
B.P.R.D.

It's... Gaijantic!

WWW Email
« Reply #269 on: 02:12 PM | Monday, December 27, 2010 »

I just wanted to throw out another BIG thank you to DoctorTeeth for organizing this gift exchange. You're the man Doc!  Not Worthy

What Thermite said goes double for me!

Lost on the path of good intentions...
Swany
Fear Agent

Twitter @_Swany

« Reply #270 on: 02:12 PM | Monday, December 27, 2010 »

ALLLLLright, i just got back from the farm and am finally in front of my laptop, so now i can thank thank thank matthaber for the total awesomeness that was his gifts.   Not Worthy
He hooked me up with:
I Kill Giants
Saga of the Swamp Thing vol.1
X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga
Locke & Key vol.1

I have not read any of these!!!! But as someone who has never read a single x-men story i am gonna jump into the dark phoenix saga tonite. Again thanks to Matt for the great gifts & Doctor Teeth for setting this whole thing up.
Thermite
« Reply #271 on: 05:12 PM | Monday, December 27, 2010 »

But as someone who has never read a single x-men story i am gonna jump into the dark phoenix saga tonite.
That's a helluva good place to start, but I'm afraid you may find every other X-Men tale pales in comparison (IMO).
Mike Sims
Fear Agent

Yup, I did it?

MikeSims79
Email
« Reply #272 on: 10:12 PM | Monday, December 27, 2010 »

Really want to thank Jordan for the awesome package I recieved today!  Got some incredible looking stuff in here including 20th Century Boys, vol 1 & 2 of Chew, vol 8 of Hellboy, the Losers vol 1 and some other really great looking stuff!  Thanks again, Jordan, I can't wait to dig in!
« Last Edit: 10:12 PM | Monday, December 27, 2010 by Mike Sims » Logged

Excuse me, you mind not farting while I'm saving the world?
Jordan
Fear Agent

Email
« Reply #273 on: 04:12 AM | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 »

Really want to thank Jordan for the awesome package I recieved today!  Got some incredible looking stuff in here including 20th Century Boys, vol 1 & 2 of Chew, vol 8 of Hellboy, the Losers vol 1 and some other really great looking stuff!  Thanks again, Jordan, I can't wait to dig in!

Your welcome man, hope you enjoy them!

Itís always a longer walk to the menís room buckaroo
IanG
Alien Legionnaire

« Reply #274 on: 10:12 AM | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 »

I wanted to thank forum member Benestro for my gift. I wrote that I was interested in reading Green Lantern. I got what I asked for and then some. Just one of these trades would've been enough. Reading these trades will be good preparation for the War of the Green Lanterns. It amazes me that forum members are so generous to strangers in this gift exchange.

I got:
Green Lantern Rebirth
Green Lantern No Fear
Green Lantern Emerald Twilight New Dawn
JLA Year One
The DC Comics Encyclopedia

Comic Book Reviewer at ComicSpectrum.com
Thermite
« Reply #275 on: 11:12 AM | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 »

It amazes me that forum members are so generous to strangers in this gift exchange.
No strangers here. I have found that the Eleven o'clock forums = instant family...
...a geeky, dysfunctional, alcoholic family, but a family nonetheless.
Brian N.
B.P.R.D.

Email
« Reply #276 on: 12:12 PM | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 »

Ben hooked you up!  That is some good stuff too.  You will have fun with that GL run.

If anyone knows where I can buy a print of my icon image, PM me.  I've wanted one for years!
BobBretall
ComicSpectrum

WWW Email
« Reply #277 on: 12:12 PM | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 »

Thanks to Parker for the Aussie comics he sent me!

Given the number of comics I get, I asked for something I didn't have, some local Australian comics!

He sent me:
* Kate Lawson & the Ship of Lost Souls - Probably my favorite of the bunch a nice done-in-one story.  Not sure if there were ever any other adventures of Kate (this was from 2008) but if there were, someone let me know so I can track them down.

* Kagemono #2 - Horror anthology comic on really nice paper

* Vigil #4 - Seems to be a continuing series, story picked up mid-stream and seems to involve some flashback sequences to the '60s mixed in with a police investigation set "today" with maybe a supernatural undertone (or at least a really twisted murderer).

* Word Balloons (watch out John Siuntres) - An Australian Magazine of the Graphic Story Arts.  This issue has a long interview with Bernard Caleo, who I now know is is a Melbourne-based Australian comic artist, and editor of Tango, a romance comics anthology.  There was alos an interesting piece by an Australian comics retailer who has a shop in Melbourne called "Minotaur" and is reminiscing about the 1980s in retailing.

All-in-all a very cool view into the Australian comics scene that I would never have happened upon locally here in the US.   

Thanks, Parker!!!

matthaber
« Reply #278 on: 03:12 PM | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 »

ALLLLLright, i just got back from the farm and am finally in front of my laptop, so now i can thank thank thank matthaber for the total awesomeness that was his gifts.   Not Worthy
He hooked me up with:
I Kill Giants
Saga of the Swamp Thing vol.1
X-Men: The Dark Phoenix Saga
Locke & Key vol.1

I have not read any of these!!!! But as someone who has never read a single x-men story i am gonna jump into the dark phoenix saga tonite. Again thanks to Matt for the great gifts & Doctor Teeth for setting this whole thing up.

Sweet glad to hear you haven't already read any those. Hope you enjoy the books.
Swany
Fear Agent

Twitter @_Swany

« Reply #279 on: 09:12 PM | Tuesday, December 28, 2010 »

Sweet glad to hear you haven't already read any those. Hope you enjoy the books.

i know i will enjoy them all. I honestly dont know why i havent gotten I Kill Giants nor why i havent jumped on the Locke & Key train yet. As for Swamp Thing I'm gonna finish my roots of the swamp thing before i jump into the moore stuff & with Dark Phoenix, well i am totally psyched to finally get into the X universe. It has always seemed so daunting but by what everyone says you picked the best  story to start with. Thanks again matt.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: