Munden's Bar
News: Marvel Noise Episode 224 - available now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. 01:10 AM | Sunday, October 26, 2014

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Marvel Noise Previews For November 2011  (Read 1248 times)
David
Administrator

Blame Me

dap9972@msn.com dap9972 dap9972
WWW Email
« on: 08:09 AM | Tuesday, September 06, 2011 »

Steve and Kevin are back with the September Marvel Noise Previews episode for November 2011. As an added bonus, Kevin gives a report of Torontoís FanExpo 2011 before the guys delve into this monthís episode.

The outro tune is Richard Thompsonís Donít Let A Thief Steal Into Your Heart.

Download

No adjective allows me to discount your opinion faster than "meh".

Luke_Sims
Alien Legionnaire

WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 09:09 AM | Tuesday, September 06, 2011 »

Ohhhh I love these!
Steve Raker
Herald of Galactus

Devourer of Words

Email
« Reply #2 on: 09:09 AM | Tuesday, September 06, 2011 »

Don't be alarmed when you see the 3 hour file!.....the first 44 minutes are Kevin/whirlwindx's Fan Expo Canada war stories, then we hit the Previews! Thumbs Up

Twitter @steveraker
whirlwindx
Eternal

Rai!

Email
« Reply #3 on: 01:09 PM | Tuesday, September 06, 2011 »

I totally subverted this previews episode Bullpen Bulletins style.  Yes So yeah just skip the first 44 minutes Thumbs Up I think I forgot my cardboard Batman story which only Mr. Raker heard  Cheesy
LA Rabbit
New God

Andrew

« Reply #4 on: 08:09 PM | Thursday, September 08, 2011 »

Still have a ways to go but thought I would pop on and let some thoughts fly.  Kind of interesting to not be posting in the archive section of the forum. 

To Kevin, the Whirlwind, please post some scans of all those awesome commissions that you have landed.  I would love to oogle them in a semi-questionable manner.  Strangely enough, Fear Itself is the first Marvel event since who knows when1, that I was trying to read as it came out.  Since at least Civil War I have usually read all the stuff after the fact (with much of it from the library).  Having tried both ways, I think reading after the fact works for me.  It is easier once it is collected and most of it is written to be read in blocks.  However I can't believe you are not into Paste Pot Pete.  He rocks.  There is no Trapster.

I was a little shocked that Super Steve forgot Sersi and her recent appearance in Chaos War.  The Eternals are not gone but might be forgotten.   Wink

I will continue to push on with the preview entertainment.  Keep making mine Marvel Noise Previews.

1Uhh Mutant Massacre, Secret Wars 2, Crisis on Infinite Earths, it has been awhile   
Dan Pua
Chief Monkey

« Reply #5 on: 08:09 PM | Thursday, September 08, 2011 »

Ah crap, I missed this when it came out. Thanks guys, I love these!

LA Rabbit
New God

Andrew

« Reply #6 on: 09:09 PM | Thursday, September 08, 2011 »

The end went pretty fast.  Thanks guys.  Enjoyed the episode.  Sounded like you two were getting a punchy toward the end but it made me smile.  Someday I might even flip through one of these "Previews" that you speak about.  Keep up the great work. 
Steve Raker
Herald of Galactus

Devourer of Words

Email
« Reply #7 on: 11:09 PM | Thursday, September 08, 2011 »

The end went pretty fast.  Thanks guys.  Enjoyed the episode.  Sounded like you two were getting a punchy toward the end but it made me smile.  Someday I might even flip through one of these "Previews" that you speak about.  Keep up the great work. 

I screwed up the recording and we had to start over, so poor Kevin hadda go through his Con rant twice....so, yeah, it was getting kinda late by the end...we got through it all, though, and managed to talk some about the collected editions, too!

Twitter @steveraker
whirlwindx
Eternal

Rai!

Email
« Reply #8 on: 07:09 AM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

I was going to say there was a reason for that  Shifty Eyes but Steve has it covered. He drove me to drinking too  Thumbs Up

You can oogle my stuff at this Fan Expo Canada 2011 haul thread:
http://bullpenbulletinspodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=13669.0

Dan Pua
Chief Monkey

« Reply #9 on: 08:09 AM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

Was it just me or did anyone else get Steve coming out from the right earphone and Kevin coming out from the left? That was pretty cool Smiley

You can oogle my stuff at this Fan Expo Canada 2011 haul thread:
http://bullpenbulletinspodcast.com/forum/index.php?topic=13669.0

Awesome haul! I am super jealous.

Steve Raker
Herald of Galactus

Devourer of Words

Email
« Reply #10 on: 10:09 AM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

Was it just me or did anyone else get Steve coming out from the right earphone and Kevin coming out from the left? That was pretty cool Smiley

It was interesting and accidental (the update on my skype recorder screwed up my first attempt at recording, and also recorded in stereo, giving us a channel apiece), but ultimately obnoxious, imo (and Dave K's One Wave ).  We'll be back with two equal channels like usual next time.

Twitter @steveraker
Dan Pua
Chief Monkey

« Reply #11 on: 10:09 AM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

I liked it. I'm only part way through the episode so I might set up some speakers to the left and right of me so I can pretend you guys are sitting on both sides talking to me Tongue

Steve Raker
Herald of Galactus

Devourer of Words

Email
« Reply #12 on: 11:09 AM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

I liked it. I'm only part way through the episode so I might set up some speakers to the left and right of me so I can pretend you guys are sitting on both sides talking to me Tongue

...or as Dave K something to the effect of, 'talking through me'  Nut Kick

Twitter @steveraker
whirlwindx
Eternal

Rai!

Email
« Reply #13 on: 04:09 PM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

Were talking on your shoulder telling you what to do Shifty Eyes
Dan Pua
Chief Monkey

« Reply #14 on: 07:09 PM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

Were talking on your shoulder telling you what to do Shifty Eyes

Yes! It sounded pretty much like that.

Nut Kick

I love this emoticon Cheesy

Steve Raker
Herald of Galactus

Devourer of Words

Email
« Reply #15 on: 07:09 PM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

I love this emoticon Cheesy

Me, too....and I'm glad I've only had the opportunity to use it a couple of times Wink

Twitter @steveraker
LA Rabbit
New God

Andrew

« Reply #16 on: 10:09 PM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

The one ear thing did freak me out a little as I was at work and usually keep one headphone mostly off in case I need to hear something.  Super Steve kept disappearing.  Most distressing.  Although in keeping with the Canadian Theme, it did remind me of the old Bob & Doug McKenzie album bit about that1.  Take off.

1Could not find a clip of that bit. 
Steve Raker
Herald of Galactus

Devourer of Words

Email
« Reply #17 on: 10:09 PM | Friday, September 09, 2011 »

Take off.

You Hoser. Evil

Twitter @steveraker
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: