Munden's Bar
News: Need a shirt?  Here's the page to the EOC Swag Store!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. 11:11 AM | Saturday, November 22, 2014

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 11 O'Clock Comics Episode 67  (Read 5889 times)
Matt Burden
Fear Agent

Just a hint of Dredd

WWW Email
« Reply #80 on: 02:08 AM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

Just got back from a break away. Done a ton of reading.
I listened whilst unpacking. Great show once again. Chris was the anti-happy bunny for the first 45 mins and then cheered up. Wink
I'm ordering the Nexus trade now. Sounds great.Vince thanks for the Templar overload!!! Thats 3!! Count em'! 3 voicemails form me this week!!! Oh dear god thats it!! I have a problem its true. I seek help for the caller addiction I have. Surrender

Wood
Administrator

Rock Hard, Bitches!

« Reply #81 on: 08:08 AM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

Just got back from a break away. Done a ton of reading.
I listened whilst unpacking. Great show once again. Chris was the anti-happy bunny for the first 45 mins and then cheered up. Wink
I'm ordering the Nexus trade now. Sounds great.Vince thanks for the Templar overload!!! Thats 3!! Count em'! 3 voicemails form me this week!!! Oh dear god thats it!! I have a problem its true. I seek help for the caller addiction I have. Surrender

So wait...you were the last two obviously (Skunk = HILARITY!) but were you also the crazy dude making fun of all our regular callers including the "British dude?" ????

How was vacation? Did you get your Deadpool on?

So Good...You'll Shake Your Fist At Us!!!
pdaaat
B.P.R.D.

Email
« Reply #82 on: 08:08 AM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

Edit: More Seriously - In my opinion it is way harder to do comedy then drama. Not to take away from drama, I don't think it makes comedy better.

Comedy is hard to do - especially when it's not spontaneous (which can be difficult when you are standing in front of a bunch of people who are wating for you to say something funny). 

But for drama, the audience has to buy into the situation first to "feel" what is going on with the person involved.  It requires an investment of sorts.
Stick
« Reply #83 on: 08:08 AM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

Comedy is hard to do - especially when it's not spontaneous (which can be difficult when you are standing in front of a bunch of people who are wating for you to say something funny). 

But for drama, the audience has to buy into the situation first to "feel" what is going on with the person involved.  It requires an investment of sorts.

I think that's a (relatively) easy investment to get, though... drama banks on human capacity for empathy, where comedy demands that empathy be forgotten.

Sort of like the classic Homer Simpson line: "It's funny because it's not happening to me."
VinceB
Administrator

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted. 6EOUJ567

Email
« Reply #84 on: 09:08 AM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

So Marvel own Marvelman. Wonderful. A deal has been made with Emotiv Records of Glasgow, and one John Campbell who has been representing Marvelman creator Mick Anglo. Enough to see Mick and his wife in comfort for the rest of their lives.

This leaves Marvel free to publish the original Marvelman series from the fifties and to create new Marvelman work if they so wish.

Bleeding Cool

Again, doesn't completely answer John's question, but another step in the right direction...

New Mutant
Eternal

It's more about the love than it's EVER been!

WWW Email
« Reply #85 on: 11:08 AM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

So wait...you were the last two obviously (Skunk = HILARITY!) but were you also the crazy dude making fun of all our regular callers including the "British dude?" ????

How was vacation? Did you get your Deadpool on?

He wasn't the one ... Templar, you weren't the one who ... surely not the one who started off complaining because he was too loud for the AC show?  Oh surely not.  Matt, c'mon, was that REALLY you?  Hey posters, if it was anyone else than http://twitter.com/Matt_Burden PLEASE shout out. Because if that actually WAS http://www.youtube.com/user/landohairspray then I'm a dead man.  Talent like that has killed me. My heart has exploded from the amazing. Exploded.

11 O'Clock Comics; Justifying Our Sins, One Comic Fan At A Time.
Chris Neseman        Jason Wood
V - i - n - c -- e ---David-A-Price--B       
SUPERHERO DEATHS ARE DUMB!!!!!!!

KICKSTARTER SUCCESSFUL! AGAIN! 

Click "The POWER PRINCIPLE" covers to order single issues!

Wood
Administrator

Rock Hard, Bitches!

« Reply #86 on: 12:08 PM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

He wasn't the one ... Templar, you weren't the one who ... surely not the one who started off complaining because he was too loud for the AC show?  Oh surely not.  Matt, c'mon, was that REALLY you?  Hey posters, if it was anyone else than http://twitter.com/Matt_Burden PLEASE shout out. Because if that actually WAS http://www.youtube.com/user/landohairspray then I'm a dead man.  Talent like that has killed me. My heart has exploded from the amazing. Exploded.

Exactly! Matt is already a tour de force, but if that was him complaining about AC not playing his voicemail, I am baffled!

Matt Burden
Fear Agent

Just a hint of Dredd

WWW Email
« Reply #87 on: 12:08 PM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

Exactly! Matt is already a tour de force, but if that was him complaining about AC not playing his voicemail, I am baffled!

Twas me. As was the singing of Regina last week. I've been sneeking like Snake eyes bitches.
I didnt call AC shouting by the way. Just taking the pisht. Thumbs Up
I think Festus or Fester called and Chris mentioned he couldnt play it as he was shouting and the sound quality wasnt all that great. Just struck me funny is all. I can just imagine the caller shouting at his iPod when Chris said he couldnt play the call. Vince would see it as art of course. Not Worthy

Got through Deadpool classic vol 1. Loved it!!! Mark Waid was my pick. I'm along for the ride.
« Last Edit: 12:08 PM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 by templar » Logged

Matt Burden
Fear Agent

Just a hint of Dredd

WWW Email
« Reply #88 on: 12:08 PM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

Look at you with the links!!! Hearts

Wood
Administrator

Rock Hard, Bitches!

« Reply #89 on: 01:08 PM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

Twas me. As was the singing of Regina last week. I've been sneeking like Snake eyes bitches.
I think Festus or Fester called and Chris mentioned he couldnt play it as he was shouting and the sound quality wasnt all that great. Just struck me funny is all. I can just imagine the caller shouting at his iPod when Chris said he couldnt play the call. Vince would see it as art of course. Not Worthy

Got through Deadpool classic vol 1. Loved it!!! Mark Waid was my pick. I'm along for the ride.

You crazy talented bastard!

KARRRRRRRRRRRRRMA!

bryanb
New God

bryanboles685@hotmail.com
WWW Email
« Reply #90 on: 01:08 PM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

So Marvel own Marvelman. Wonderful. A deal has been made with Emotiv Records of Glasgow, and one John Campbell who has been representing Marvelman creator Mick Anglo. Enough to see Mick and his wife in comfort for the rest of their lives.
Again, doesn't completely answer John's question, but another step in the right direction...

Some encouraging words from Neil himself, but not really answering it either:

ďRight now Iím not entirely sure whatís going to happen, and Mark Buckingham and I havenít signed anything, but Iím really hopeful that Marvel will bring Alan Mooreís stories back into print, and the work I did with Mark Buckingham (Miracleman 25 was finished, ready for printing, 16 years ago. Itís still in Mark Buckinghamís possession, although some of the lettering balloons have gone a bit yellow.) Iím not entirely sure what Marvelís plans are for the character at this point ó obviously Iíd like to finish the story I started.Ē
    - Neil Gaiman

New Mutant
Eternal

WWW Email
« Reply #91 on: 08:08 PM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

So now I'm dead.  Are you happy?  You have killed me.

But wait?  The brilliance of your talent has brought me back to life! And not as a Black Lantern either, cuz why it gotta be BLACK?!

That American accent is absolutely flawless.  Only halfway through, upon playback, with the suggestion that it might be you, can I hear a trace of Brit.  But ... just ... damn.  DAMN, Matt! Hearts

HooHaH!
« Reply #92 on: 11:08 PM | Saturday, August 01, 2009 »

Two comments:

1.  SLAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

and

2.  POGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dallan
B.P.R.D.

Who are you and what've you done with YFNS-M?

WWW Email
« Reply #93 on: 06:08 AM | Sunday, August 02, 2009 »

Vince says you're never wrong, but I think he MIGHT be mistaken this time.  Yes I personally thought this was a damn fine episode; not to say last week wasn't a blast, too.

Well, originally, I didn't know what Wood was talking about, but now that I've listened to about half of the episode, I have this to say:

1) Vince's absolute comment that, "Dallan baumgarten is always right," is obviously not correct because I was skeptical that this week's show could live up to last week's.  I was way off.  This week's show is so completely redonkulous that it's not even redonkulous.  A fine, fine effort by all involved.  Lots of great topics, not the least of which was comic strips.  Bloom County indeed.

2) I told my wife about the "Dallan Baumgarten is always right" comment and she just about choked on her CPK salad.  I'm sensing that she doesn't agree with Vince B.'s assessment.

Oh well.  At least I'm right about one thing.

11 O'Clock Comics is the best freaking podcast in the whole effing world!
Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana Riding Banana

Long live 11 O'Clock Comics!!!

(The Savage) Dallan
New Mutant
Eternal

WWW Email
« Reply #94 on: 07:08 AM | Sunday, August 02, 2009 »

2) I told my wife about the "Dallan Baumgarten is always right" comment and she just about choked on her CPK salad.  I'm sensing that she doesn't agree with Vince B.'s assessment.

Hey, that's a'right Dally-Dal!  You only gotta be right in one particular function and the rest will follow. Shifty Eyes

BOWN-chikka-WOWN-WOWNNNN!!!

Awwwwww yeah. Yes

Wood
Administrator

Rock Hard, Bitches!

« Reply #95 on: 10:08 AM | Sunday, August 02, 2009 »

Hey, that's a'right Dally-Dal!  You only gotta be right in one particular function and the rest will follow. Shifty Eyes

Awwwwww yeah. Yes

As my grandpappy Marcus Aurelius Wood used to day, "GET IN WHERE YOU FIT IN"

Stick
« Reply #96 on: 11:08 AM | Sunday, August 02, 2009 »

This might be my favorite sentence that's ever been uttered. You get a karma.
New Mutant
Eternal

WWW Email
« Reply #97 on: 12:08 PM | Sunday, August 02, 2009 »

And if it don't quite fit, all the better. 

We like to call those The "Ooch-Ouch" Girls.

.., or so I'm told! Embarrassed

Dallan
B.P.R.D.

Who are you and what've you done with YFNS-M?

WWW Email
« Reply #98 on: 04:08 PM | Sunday, August 02, 2009 »

Awwwwww yeah. Yes

Thanks, NM!  Well then, I guess I'm getting that one right, 'cause we're due in January.   Two Thumbs Up

Awwwwww yeah. Yes

I'd Hit It Sign

(The Savage) Dallan
New Mutant
Eternal

WWW Email
« Reply #99 on: 08:08 PM | Sunday, August 02, 2009 »

Thanks, NM!  Well then, I guess I'm getting that one right, 'cause we're due in January.   Two Thumbs Up

Awwwwww yeah. Yes

I'd Hit It Sign

AwwwwWWwwWWw...?!

See what smutty talk causes!?   Hearts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: