Munden's Bar
News: Marvel Noise Episode 224 - available now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. 02:07 PM | Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pimp Your Podcast!  (Read 81568 times)
Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

The white zone is for loading and unloading only

7917438 mattrock99@hotmail.com mattr0ck99 mattrock_99
View Profile WWW Email
« on: 04:05 PM | Sunday, May 18, 2008 »

Hey all,

I'm sure most of you know about my Starman podcast, but if not, I'll post a thread here.  Episode 3 has just been posted!

In this episode of The Shade's Journal, host Matt Kramer discusses Starman (1994) issue #5 as well as a special Knights Past segment focusing on David Knight, covering David's first appearances in Starman (1988) #26 and #27.

Download Here

Listen to my podcast all about Starman, The Shade's Journal.  Episode 34 now available on The ReaderFeed
My Comics

Love the Legion of Super Heroes?  Listen to the Subs!
Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: 10:06 PM | Friday, June 06, 2008 »

Episode 4 of The Shade's Journal is now available!

In this episode, join your host Matt Kramer for a discussion of Starman #6, the first tale of Times Past. Find out how the Shade got his own little piece of Opal City, as well as what literary characters he was the basis for. Matt also tells a story, Hans Christian Anderson’s "The Shadow".

http://www.kafraco.com/podcasts/13_ShadesJournal4.mp3

Listen to my podcast all about Starman, The Shade's Journal.  Episode 34 now available on The ReaderFeed
My Comics

zack kruse
New God

This is not Batman. Who are these people?

number2grandma
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 12:06 AM | Sunday, June 08, 2008 »

I'm getting the podcast, but I haven't listened to any yet because I'm still working my way through the Omnibus.

Quick question about the show and the book though. How essential are the Shade's Journal stories to the book? And how much of them do you cover in your show?

If they are significant, is it better for me to read those along with the Omnibus (before I get too deep)? Or is it kosher to read the separately or later?

Thanks for your insight. I have never read the series until now, but have always heard great things.

Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: 09:06 AM | Sunday, June 08, 2008 »

The Shade's Journal entries are significant to the story, but if you don't read them with the issues they originally accompanied, you'll still be fine.  The first two entries, for example, talk about the Starman of 1951 and when Ted Knight originally became Starman.  At least they're going to be reprinted in a future volume, which is a good thing.  It's kind of crummy that they aren't putting the one-shots in where they belong, as there's one from Showcase '95 that goes after issue #10 and before the "Sins of the Child" arc.  It's not necessary though, just a cool Underworld Unleashed tie-in.

Hope that helps you out, and thanks for the interest!!!   Thumbs Up

My Comics

zack kruse
New God

This is not Batman. Who are these people?

number2grandma
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 10:06 AM | Sunday, June 08, 2008 »

Okay, cool. Thanks!

thebiglargeness
B.P.R.D.

Rating: BigLarge and in Charge

thebiglargeness
View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: 02:06 PM | Sunday, June 08, 2008 »

lovin the podcast man, good good stuff
Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #6 on: 06:06 PM | Sunday, June 08, 2008 »

lovin the podcast man, good good stuff

Thanks, Biggie!   Thumbs Up

My Comics

Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: 06:06 PM | Sunday, June 15, 2008 »

In Episode 5 of the Shade’s Journal, let’s spend a (K)Night at the circus, as host Matt Kramer discusses issues 7 and 8 of Starman. So join in for meetings with a blue skinned alien geek, an octopus woman, and an incubus as Jack takes his first steps to becoming an honest hero. Also, we discuss how to enter the first contest to win a copy of the first volume of Starman, "Sins of the Father".

Enjoy!

Download Here

My Comics

Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: 09:07 AM | Friday, July 18, 2008 »

In this episode of the Shade’s Journal, host Matt Kramer apologizes for his lengthy absence before discussing Starman #13, Sins of the Child, Part 2: Ted’s Day. Also in this episode, a brief history lesson on Dr. Phosphorous and a little information about where else you can hear Matt talk about Starman lately! (Hint: Look below this!)

http://media.libsyn.com/media/aroundcomics/AroundComics_Ep191.mp3

Download Here
« Last Edit: 10:07 AM | Friday, July 18, 2008 by Darth Kramer » Logged

My Comics

Derek Coward
Noisemaker Supreme

Just making a lot of noise...

kafraco
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: 09:07 AM | Friday, July 18, 2008 »

Here is a working download link:
Download Here

A proud member of the Deliberate Noise Network. Me on Twitter. Comic Book Noise on Twitter.
Some of my podcasts:
Comic Book Noise, a podcast about comic books.
Sci Fi Noise, a podcast about science fiction.
BoxxOnline Heavy Metal, Punk Rock and Hip Hop shows.
Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: 10:07 AM | Friday, July 18, 2008 »

Here is a working download link:
Download Here

Thanks, Derek!  I'll fix my post!

My Comics

Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: 10:07 PM | Wednesday, July 23, 2008 »

In the 9th Episode of The Shade’s Journal, join host Matt Kramer for discussions of Starman issues 14, 15, and 16, finally concluding the story arc "Sins of the Child". Also, learn how to get Jack Knight made into an action figure and listen do Damian Smith of the Kryptographik and Welcome to Heavenside podcasts make a plea for a creator in need. This episode we are also trying something new, with some music thrown in between segments. Enjoy!

Incidental music "Wabash Blues" and "Baltimore Fire" provided courtesy of Will Branch, http://www.willbranch.com

Download Here

My Comics

Rjb America
Legion of Substitute Superheroes

View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: 05:07 PM | Thursday, July 24, 2008 »

Darth Kramer your podcast has got me very interested in Starman.  I'm going to be getting the omnibus tommorow.  One question I heard that a person should read another graphic novel that is refered to  in the Starman series, is this story JSA: Golden Age, or James Robinsons Golden Age mini series.  I need help on this one.   Keep up the great work on the podcast!!

Bob

To Get into Heaven you have to raise a little Hell!
Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #13 on: 05:07 PM | Thursday, July 24, 2008 »

Darth Kramer your podcast has got me very interested in Starman.  I'm going to be getting the omnibus tommorow.  One question I heard that a person should read another graphic novel that is refered to  in the Starman series, is this story JSA: Golden Age, or James Robinsons Golden Age mini series.  I need help on this one.   Keep up the great work on the podcast!!

Bob

Hey Bob,

The book you're thinking about is JSA: The Golden Age, sometimes also traded as The Golden Age.  No matter what people say, this book is NOT necessary for understanding of the Starman series.  The Golden Age is an Elseworlds book that just happened to have a few plot points co-opted into continuity.  Anything major that was "borrowed" is explained within the book itself.  Now, The Golden Age is one of the best comics I have ever read, but you don't have to read it to understand Starman.  Thanks for the interest, and I hope you enjoy!!!!!   Thumbs Up

My Comics

Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: 09:08 PM | Tuesday, August 05, 2008 »

In the 10th episode of The Shade's Journal, join host Matt Kramer as we finally travel Beyond Sins. On the way, we get a brief lesson in tarot and then learn what Jack has in store for him. Then, we take a trip into the past and learn a bit more about the Shade's mysterious origins. This episode focuses on Starman #17 and Showcase '96 #4 and #5.

Ancillary music "Angeline" provided compliments of Will Branch, http://www.willbranch.com

Enjoy!

Download Here

My Comics

Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: 10:08 AM | Tuesday, August 26, 2008 »

In the 11th Episode of The Shade’s Journal, join host Matt Kramer for discussion on Starman #11, as well as a special Knights Past segment focusing on the original Golden Age Mist focusing on Adventure Comics #67 and a brief discussion of Sandman Mystery Theater #37 - 40.

Download Here

My Comics

Matt Kramer
Starman Fan

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: 10:09 AM | Saturday, September 20, 2008 »

In the 12th episode of The Shade's Journal, join host Matt Kramer for discussion of Starman #19, featuring pirates and character actors, as well as Starman Annual #1, featuring a dead Earth, a dead Prince, and a tale of science vs. sorcery in a tale of Times Past.

Download Here

My Comics

Filthy McMonkey
Alien Legionnaire

Great Nothern Primate

larryshouseofpancakes@cyg.net
View Profile Email
« Reply #17 on: 11:09 AM | Saturday, September 20, 2008 »

I'll give it a listen.  I've got lots of time to kill at work Tongue .
JackRabbitt
Legion of Substitute Superheroes

CaesarPaco@hotmail.com PacoJames PacoJames
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: 08:09 PM | Saturday, September 20, 2008 »

Hey, all.

I haven't been much of a presence on the forums, but I love and listen to the show every week (as well as David's Marvel Noise and Chris' Around Comics).  If you'll allow me a moment of self-indulgence, I wanted to promote the podcast that I put together every week with a few buddies of mine: Rabbitt Stew.  It's a show made up of different segments contributed by different members of the Stew.  Topics range from reviews of various comics (a good deal from that week as well as issues that have shipped in the last month or so) to in-depth discussions (such as the recent break-down of the entire run of Ultimate Spider-Man) to a segment on figure/toy/statue collecting to reviews of recent episodes of Smallville/Heroes/etc.  The podcast started out somewhat rough, but has progressed into something that I'm rather proud of.  If you have a minute or 60, I'd appreciate a listen and some feedback.  We are now 13 episodes in and we don't plan on stopping anytime soon (listeners or not Wink )

Direct link: http://rabbittstew.libsyn.com or we're on iTunes
Contact email: rabbittstew@gmail.com

Thanks, all.

David
Administrator

Blame Me

dap9972@msn.com dap9972 dap9972
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: 11:09 PM | Sunday, September 21, 2008 »

These guys love comics and put on a good show.  Give 'em a try.

No adjective allows me to discount your opinion faster than "meh".

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 99   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: