Munden's Bar
News: 11 O'Clock Comics Episode 325 - available now!

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register. 01:07 AM | Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Login with username, password and session length

Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 99   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Pimp Your Podcast!  (Read 81292 times)
Cammy
B.P.R.D.

Huzzah!

Iguanna+Dude
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #940 on: 12:08 AM | Monday, August 15, 2011 »

Cammy's Comic Corner - Episode 178 (8/14/11)
In this action-packed episode the Pick Of The Week goes to Scott Snyder, Jock & Francesco Francavilla for Detective Comics #881 (DC)! Fast Five picks include Baltimore: The Curse Bells #1 (Dark Horse), Fear Itself #5 (Marvel), American Vampire: Survival of the Fittest #3 (Vertigo), PunisherMAX #16 (Marvel), and Hellboy: The Fury #3 (Dark Horse).

Only 2 video reviews remain until the switch to audio!

Cammy's Comic Corner RSS Feed
Cammy's Comic Corner on YouTube
Cammy's Comic Corner on Twitter

Cammy
B.P.R.D.

Huzzah!

Iguanna+Dude
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #941 on: 09:08 AM | Wednesday, August 17, 2011 »

Cammy’s Comic Corner - Geeky Talky - Episode 85
In this special episode I interview artist Blair Shedd about his Kickstarter project The Raptor: FPS. Join us as we discuss the inspiration for the comic, his love of Doctor Who, and his time at The Kubert School.

Click here to back the project!

This episode has been brought to you by 01 Publishing!

Click here to listen!

malpractice
New God

RIP Chi Cheng

deftonedsnothed
View Profile Email
« Reply #942 on: 02:08 AM | Thursday, August 18, 2011 »

Matinee Idles
Episode 40 - Trainspotting

In this episode the boys return after a long hiatus to talk about Matt’s pick Danny Boyle’s 1996 cult classic “Trainspotting” starring Ewan McGregor, Robert Carlyle, and Jonny Lee Miller.  Topics discussed include the depiction of heroin use, the state of British cinema in the early 90′s, Britpop, common themes in all of Boyle’s work, and much more.

Download

blog / facebook / twitter / last.fm

Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. - Grant Morrison
malpractice
New God

RIP Chi Cheng

deftonedsnothed
View Profile Email
« Reply #943 on: 07:08 PM | Friday, August 19, 2011 »

the chemical box
episode 010: double digits

in this episode joey and alec discuss supergods by grant morrison, batman incorporated #7 by grant morrison and chris burnham, the wolverine's revenge storyline (wolverine #10-12) by jason aaron and renato guedes, the mindless ones website, brandon graham's comics journal interview, hate annual #9 by peter bagge, the similarities of approach between peter bagge and erik larsen, and we answer some emails, among other things.

music by †††

download

blog / facebook / twitter / last.fm

Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. - Grant Morrison
bedrack
Hydra Lackey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #944 on: 09:08 PM | Friday, August 19, 2011 »

My friend Travis and I have just begun our very own podcast called Sports Fan Boys.  You have jocks and nerds, the active and the passive, competing conceptions of masculinity, the strong and the weak, brawn and brain, the successful and the subversive. However, our contention is that a heavily populated nexus exists between the two subcultures. Go into any comic shop and you can find a sports conversation. Go into any locker room and you’ll find Batman tattoos, Superman pendants. Think of it like a Venn diagram – you have sports fans and you have fanboys – and when they overlap, you get us, the Sports Fan Boys.

In our most recent episode, we look at Canadian sports and comics, comparing Alpha Flight to the Canadian Football League. We're on iTunes (just search Sports Fan Boys) or you can find us at http://sportsfanboys.com

We'd love to have you on board, and get some feedback from this podcast savvy group.

« Last Edit: 10:08 AM | Sunday, August 21, 2011 by bedrack » Logged
Bobgar Ornelas
Eternal

Secret Identity: formerly known as slurmo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #945 on: 04:08 PM | Sunday, August 21, 2011 »

My friend Travis and I have just begun our very own podcast called Sports Fan Boys.  You have jocks and nerds, the active and the passive, competing conceptions of masculinity, the strong and the weak, brawn and brain, the successful and the subversive. However, our contention is that a heavily populated nexus exists between the two subcultures. Go into any comic shop and you can find a sports conversation. Go into any locker room and you’ll find Batman tattoos, Superman pendants. Think of it like a Venn diagram – you have sports fans and you have fanboys – and when they overlap, you get us, the Sports Fan Boys.

In our most recent episode, we look at Canadian sports and comics, comparing Alpha Flight to the Canadian Football League. We're on iTunes (just search Sports Fan Boys) or you can find us at http://sportsfanboys.com

We'd love to have you on board, and get some feedback from this podcast savvy group.

Thinking
consider it downloaded

Click Me!
Cammy
B.P.R.D.

Huzzah!

Iguanna+Dude
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #946 on: 05:08 PM | Sunday, August 21, 2011 »

Cammy's Comic Corner - Episode 179 (8/21/11)
No Pick Of The Week, but we have a wonderful art-driven Fast Five! Picks include X-Men: Schism #3 (Marvel), Avengers Academy #18 (Marvel), Fables #108 (Vertigo), Daredevil #2 (Marvel), and Hulk #39 (Marvel).

Egads! Only one weekly video review show remains!

Franky THE DILDONATER
Fear Agent

Squirt The Dildonater!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #947 on: 08:08 AM | Tuesday, August 23, 2011 »

Eye of the Storm Ep 9
Guess who's back! Back again! I'm back with a look at the upcoming DC reboot and how it affects Wilstorm. Also some talk on the future of the show. Enjoy.

Not mentioned in the show, the titles I go over are to be released in September and October.

Download here

frankydejesus@gmail.com
1(914)595-6629 (comment line)
Subcribe: RSS
Subcribe: iTunes
Special thanks to Derek Coward

The Snarky Geeks - Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - My EOC Photo A Day

Comic Amazon Wish List!  Tech Amazon Wish List!

"Take no reality but your own, for today's individual thoughts are tomorrow's king"
Bobgar Ornelas
Eternal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #948 on: 09:08 AM | Tuesday, August 23, 2011 »

I've only heard the first episode but there was some audio glitches towards the end. Also, I was only getting audio out of one speaker for the discussion. The music was in stereo. That's the fist episode, I haven't heard the subsequent episodes so I don't know if it has been remedied.

As for the content  Thumbs Up I really enjoyed the podcast. Kind of bummed that basketball isn't your forte. No big deal. Do you guys speak boxing too? Great DC Relaunch/Team rebuild conversation

Click Me!
bedrack
Hydra Lackey

View Profile WWW
« Reply #949 on: 11:08 AM | Wednesday, August 24, 2011 »

I've only heard the first episode but there was some audio glitches towards the end. Also, I was only getting audio out of one speaker for the discussion. The music was in stereo. That's the fist episode, I haven't heard the subsequent episodes so I don't know if it has been remedied.

As for the content  Thumbs Up I really enjoyed the podcast. Kind of bummed that basketball isn't your forte. No big deal. Do you guys speak boxing too? Great DC Relaunch/Team rebuild conversation

Thanks for listening and for the feedback. We went and spent some money on a 4 channel mixer and better mics, so I'm happy to say the audio quality has vastly improved since ep. 1, and I think episodes 3 and 4 sound like passable podcasts. As for basketball, I really fell in love with basketball this postseason, but realize that we're not the most knowledgeable on the subject, and our opinions might ring a little false. I think we need to bring on some experts to discuss those sports (wink wink nudge nudge)Same with boxing, although my co-host did a Pacman sketch that I think is pretty sweet.

Cammy
B.P.R.D.

Huzzah!

Iguanna+Dude
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #950 on: 12:08 PM | Wednesday, August 24, 2011 »

Cammy’s Comic Corner - Drinky Talky - Episode 86
In this special episode, we celebrate Kat’s birthday by getting plastered and hitting the record button. We talk about our favorite birthdays, Philip K. Dick, and much more. WARNING: EXPLICIT CONTENT!

Click here to listen!

Cammy
B.P.R.D.

Huzzah!

Iguanna+Dude
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #951 on: 05:08 PM | Sunday, August 28, 2011 »

Cammy's Comic Corner - Episode 180 (8/28/11)
Final video review show for a while! Pick Of The Week goes to Jason Aaron & Renato Guedes for Wolverine #14 (Marvel). Fast Five picks include Superman Beyond #0 (DC), Kick-Ass 2 #3 (Icon), FF #8 (Marvel), American Vampire #18 (Vertigo), and Captain America & Bucky #621 (Marvel).

Tune-in next week to the main site for the audio format!

darrell
New God

d_taylor_28@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #952 on: 08:08 PM | Tuesday, August 30, 2011 »

No Apologies ep 68 Black SPIDER-MAN!
In this episode we are joined by new member to the podcast  Red Wing artist Nick Pitarra  talk about the new Batman Dark Knight Rises pics,the new Judge Dredd movie,Superman,and the new Ultimate Comics Spiderman as well as Witch Doctor,Sweet Tooth,Flashpoint,Secret Six,and the Dark Knight.
This episode is sponsored by Friendly Neighborhood Comics
http://thetaylornetwork.wordpress.com
http://dafixershideout.hipcast.com/deluge/9c65b8f9-6300-3480-5e54-0ce5b460cf45.mp3

Bobgar Ornelas
Eternal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #953 on: 08:08 PM | Tuesday, August 30, 2011 »

Same with boxing, although my co-host did a Pacman sketch that I think is pretty sweet.

DAMN! That's pretty great. I saw this post at work & of course the picture didn't come up. Excellent. I'll be caught up with SFB by the weekend, I hope.

Click Me!
Franky THE DILDONATER
Fear Agent

Squirt The Dildonater!

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #954 on: 05:08 PM | Wednesday, August 31, 2011 »

Some quick shot outs to some special people and a review of Point Blank(prelude to Sleeper).

Download Here

The closing music is "Film Noir Love" by JukeBox Zeros which can be found at musicalley.com
eyeofthestormpodcast@gmail.com
frankydejesus@gmail.com
1(914)595-6629 Comment line
Subscribe: RSS
Subscribe: iTunes
Special thanks to Derek Coward(Comicbooknoise.com)
Special thanks to Wildstorm Addiction(wildstormaddiction.com)

The Snarky Geeks - Twitter - Facebook - Google+ - My EOC Photo A Day

Comic Amazon Wish List!  Tech Amazon Wish List!

"Take no reality but your own, for today's individual thoughts are tomorrow's king"
Cammy
B.P.R.D.

Huzzah!

Iguanna+Dude
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #955 on: 05:08 PM | Wednesday, August 31, 2011 »

Cammy’s Comic Corner - Geeky Talky - Episode 87
In this episode, I answer your stupid questions. They range from comic books, movies, and pet names. Huzzah!

Click here to listen!

darrell
New God

d_taylor_28@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #956 on: 06:09 PM | Saturday, September 03, 2011 »

CBRS ep 134 Live from the comic store
In this episode we talk to Ernie owner of Friendly Neighborhood Comics. We talk about how pre-orders on the new DC 52 titles are doing and what some of his customers are buying or not buying and why. We also talk about how Marvels Fear Itself is selling in the store,also what non Marvel/DC books are selling and whats under the radar that you should look for.
http://friendlycomics.com/

http://thetaylornetwork.wordpress.com/
http://dafixershideout.hipcast.com/deluge/33739ed3-9f88-2dc8-b2ce-111f13ca0d4a.mp3

darrell
New God

d_taylor_28@yahoo.com
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #957 on: 03:09 PM | Sunday, September 04, 2011 »

Happy Hour ep 1 J.K. has a new phone
Don't worry this is still the No Apologies podcast feed. This is a little show inside of a show starring Darrell and comic artist J.K. Woodward. This will be a bi weekly show recorded out of our favorite New York bar that will sometimes have guests from the comic industry. Every episode we hope to promote what we love about comics and maybe share whats its like for a freelance comic artist in todays industry.

http://jkwoodwardart.blogspot.com/
http://thetaylornetwork.wordpress.com/
http://dafixershideout.hipcast.com/deluge/6b5151ae-bade-0109-8765-2969f82e2130.mp3
« Last Edit: 05:09 PM | Sunday, September 04, 2011 by darrell » Logged

Gordie
Fear Agent

YOU'VE NEVER BEEN MIND-CONTROLLED BY A GORILLA?

View Profile Email
« Reply #958 on: 08:09 PM | Sunday, September 04, 2011 »

Episode 53 - 37 Nights Only!

Paul Bertolino survives Hurricane Irene in NY City, so we can talk about Gordie's new Power Pop direction and these other fascinating topics.
*unfortunately, I bring up Davids hurricane troubles*

SEBASTIAN BACH, THE KNACK, THE RASBERRIES, THE SHOES, ELVIS COSTELLO, THE JAM, THE CLASH, JOE JACKSON, KISS, piano karaoke, MR. BIG, TOM JONES, CHEAP TRICK and their live DVD of SGT PEPPERS, which leads to Gordie telling his story of watching the film from 1978 recently and digging EARTH WIND & FIRE amongst much ridiculousness. Gordie ends by recommending the NNF: ROCK SOLID podcast.

Download/subscribe for free at the iTunes Store keyword: Gordcast or http://gordomatic.libsyn.com/

http://gordomailman.tumblr.com/
LISTEN TO: THE GORDCAST    gordomatic.libsyn.com or subscribe @ iTunes: Gordcast
BLOG:http://idontknowmuchbutilikeyourhair.blogspot.com/
JTobin
Alien Legionnaire

On a never ending quest of irrationality

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: 10:09 PM | Sunday, September 04, 2011 »

EPISODE 125 : CRACK HEAD MYTHOLOGY

In which we discuss the removal of motivation at Eric's work, play an IKEA furniture game, and discuss the story telling abilties of crack heads.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/adventures-in-irrationality/id306658877

http://adventuresinirrationality.libsyn.com
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 99   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: